Rules and Regulations
I) Admission policies and rules:
1. New girls in class one are/will be admitted only at the beginning of the Academic year after duly fulfilling required admission process.
2. Students in other classes are admitted only when vacancies arise and admission is declared. Admission is strictly done asper availability of seats, merits and having completed all admission criteria.
II) At the time of admission, a girl will have to submit the following:
3. Birth Registration Certificate provided by the government.
4. A correctly filled up admission form signed by student and parents with an authentic information.
5. A valid Transfer Certificate from the previous school for classes two to eleven and passport size recent photographs of a student.
6. Fees will be paid by the 20th of each month from 8:00 am to 11:00 am, except otherwise notified. A delay fine of Tk. 50/- per month shall be charged in payment of tuition fees. This charge must be cleared up before every terminal examination.
7. If, without the prior written permission the Principal, any student fails to pay tuition fees two consecutive months or more the girl's name will be struck off the roll and admission terminated.
8. I f the girl's name is struck off the roll and she desires to be re-admitted, she will first clear all her arrears and dues and then pay the re-admission fee to enlist her name and roll number in the register.
9. Tuition fees shall be paid for twelve months of a year-January to December. All arrears and other charges shall be paid before the final examination. No remission is made for absence. All fees & dues must be cleared before applying for Transfer Certificates, Testimonial and other Certificates of any kind.
III. Progress and Discipline
1. Parents and guardians are required to ensure that the girl does her studies, home works and assignments regularly. A student should make a plan for four hours reading and writing at home every day.
2. Parents and guardians should check student's diary every week to see the teacher's remarks, quiz marks and syllabus. Remarks and comments by any teacher or school official should be counter signed by the parents and guardians of the student.
3. Parents and Guardians are required to direct the student and ensure that she abides by rules and regulations of the School/college. The Institution is devoted to educate the minds and hearts of the students in the fullest sense. It is, therefore, demanded that students should be obedient and loyal, scholarly and hardworking, respectful and honest, healthy, joyful and caring and fostering the spirit of family growing as a person of good character. If presence of any student is found not beneficial to the spirit of the Institution and helpful for other students, parents could be asked to withdraw their student or even she can be issued transfer certificate from the school/college.
4. Willfully damaging any school furniture and / or other property is subject to fine and penalty. Student should pay a fine equivalent or more to the damage made and she shall be placed under suspension as resolved by the Discipline Committee.
5. School Authority and / or authorized teachers or officers reserve the right to check anybody including students at any time on campus to ensure security, discipline and school campus.
6. Offensive and morally-wrong books, magazines and other printed materials, pictures in any form; CD, DVD, Mobile, Ornaments and other digital devices and materials are prohibited on school campus by a student, any offender shall be suspended from the school for a week.
7. Taking into account the frequency (more than once) of offense and/or/degree/gravity of offense a student shall get transfer certificate or be withdrawn from the school.
8. Teachers can check the bags of the students in the classroom or on campus for ensuring safety, discipline and collegial environment in the class and campus.
9. Principal can check and/or scrutinize any mail and parcel sent to the student in school.
10. Visiting students by relations or friends during school hours is prohibited.
11. For any indiscipline of student, Principal keeps the right to issue a T.C. to protect environment of the school and to protect the discipline & other students.
IV. Detention/Reparation/Rectification class:
1. A detention class is an opportunity for a student to correct and repair her wrong doings - behavioral, academic and verbal and physical. A student may be given a detention for behavioral academic and verbal & physical abuse in class and campus. For three consecutive late in attending classes, a student will get a detention.
2. A student has to attend a rectification class for getting each detention.
3. Parents will get a letter if a student gets 5 detentions and discipline committee will call the parents and hand over the letter. It will be recorded in student's master card.
4. For getting 7 detentions, a student will be suspended from school for one week and parents will be notified.
5. Forgetting 10 detentions in one academic year, a student shall get transfer certificate.
6. After getting 1 to 9 detentions during this time if a student loses her diary willingly, we will think that she has guilt. Immediately we will take action against her.
7. Attending assembly, when takes place, is mandatory for students.
V. Examinations and Promotion:
1. Students are assessed and evaluated on written curriculum and syllabus periodically. Quizzes are conducted every week on short syllabus and terminal examinations are conducted three times a year on broader syllabus.
2. Students must pass in all subjects separately (SBA, Theory, Sub. & Object and Practical) and in aggregate in the examinations.
3. If a student fails to write examination without prior permission for appropriate reasons, she shall be assessed and marked zero (0) in that subject.
4. If a student cheats/ copies in a quiz or terminal examination, she shall get zero (0) in that subject. Parents should be notified formally and a written bond is to be submitted signed by parents.
5. If a student cheats/ copies in examination or quiz more than once during his school years, she shall get a transfer certificate (TC).
6. If a student fails two successive years during her academic years, the school authority shall issue a transfer certificate (TC).
7. If a student of class one fails in three terminal examinations at the end of the year, she will get transfer certificate (TC).
8. The promotion of a student is decided on the average results of three terminal examinations (i) 20 marks class test ii) 80 marks hall test.
9. A student must pass in all subjects in order to be promoted to the next class. if a student fails in more than four subjects, she might not be allowed to continue her studies in this school/college.
VI. Grading Range as follows:
A++ 91-100, A+ = 81-90, A = 71-80, B = 61-70, C = 51-60, D = 40-50, F = 0-39
A+ = 80 -100, A = 70-79, A- = 60-69, B = 50-59, C = 40-59, D = 33-39, F = 0-32
Continuous Assessment (CA) Class tests, home and class works, assignments, group & pair works, attendance, manners, performance and values are considered in CA. The marks allotted for CA is 20 and for Hall test is 80. All classes have CA marks system and marks will be added to the hall test marks. A student has to pass in CA separately.
Principal reserves the right to make any alteration or change of any decision regarding promotion or failure.
VII. Attendance and Leave:
It is expected and demanded that students attend school every day and every class. Alarmingly unsatisfactory attendance may result in detaining a student in the same class or transfer from the school.
VIII. Co-curricular Activities
1. Different extra and co-curricular activities are organized on campus and off campus for students to participate and acquire institutional social and human values at large for life skills.
2. Participation in PT class for students of classes one to four is compulsory. Any student unable to participate for any reason (s) shall bring a letter from parents with appropriate substantial evidence.
3. The school has following clubs and committees - Science Club (annual science fair), Debate Club, English Club, Art Club, Ecology Club, Cultural Club and Quiz Club - to organize activities for students. These clubs and committees are composed of teachers and students. The member students shall be under obligation to attend meetings, classes, training and participate in programs organized by these clubs or committees.
4. For any unauthorized absence by the members shall be fined and/or punished as per rules of the concerned club.
5. For holding any program on campus, a written permission should be obtained from the Principal.
Taking or using or found in possession of drugs by any student shall cause her to get a transfer certificate.
6. For being involved in immoral activities, parents will be called and a written bond by the student and signed by parents must be submitted. Students committing such offenses frequently should be withdrawn from the school/college by the parents.
7. Any student with infectious disease should abstain from attending school publicly. For Such case, a doctor's certificate should be produced.
8. A student will take care of herself for own safety while ar school/college including personal needs. School will provide reasonable standard of safety while a student is at school/college.
9. The school/college shall not hold itself responsible for any accident while a student is at school/college, or while she is on her way to school, or on her way home from school/college.
Information given on admission form during admission signed by parents is accepted as authentic and true. The school/college does not change name and date of birth if student. Any request for this purpose is not entertained.
X. Principal's Discretion
Principal holds the highest authority as regards any decision including rules stated above in this diary. Her decision regarding any matter shall be final and binding.
XI. Declaration by student and parents.
Parents and students shall read and understood all these rules and regulations of St. Francis Xavier's Girls' School & College and agree to abide by these rules. They will extend full support to the school/college authority to implement these for betterment of the student and school/college.
Regular debates and symposium are organized by this club.
The school/college laboratory is well-equipped, Practical classes are held regularly in Physics, Chemistry & Biology. Attendance in practical classes is compulsory for the students of science group.
Regular periods are provided for library.
GIRL'S GUIDE, YELLOW BIRD:
These are the oldest organization of the school.
The school/college organize dramatic performances and other cultural activities.
Games are compulsory during class hours. The following games are played: Basketball, Football, Hand ball, Kabadi etc. and indoor games, such as Chess, Carrom, Badminton. Annual sports are a regular feature of the school/college program.
Young Christian Students Movement. Students conduct regular cell meeting during Religion Period or holiday.